As we all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19,
Patriot Insurance is here to serve.
Online security is vitally important for all of us, especially as pandemic-related scams evolve. So we tapped our cybersecurity experts for advice. Here are tips for staying safe online:
- Steer clear of phishing emails and social engineering – Avoid opening attachments and clicking on links within emails or messages from senders you do not recognize. These attachments can contain malicious content, such as ransomware, that can infect your device and steal your information.
- Be on guard with emails and phone calls requesting information – Be cautious when you receive an email or phone call requesting account information or verification. Legitimate businesses likely will never reach out to you directly for this information.
- Verify requests – Always independently verify any requested information originates from a legitimate source through another channel. (For example, if a request was emailed, call the company before emailing back.)
- Use secure websites – Visit a website by entering the domain name yourself. Most businesses use encryption or Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Website certificate errors can be a warning sign that something is not right with a website.
- Know the difference between a contact tracer and a scammer – A key way to identify if a caller is a real contact tracer or a scammer is that a legitimate tracer needs health information, not financial information.
For more information on how to protect your personal information, our experts recommend:
- The National Cyber Security Alliance, a public/private partnership that focuses on privacy and security. They provide a free StaySafeOnline library of information on current scams, cyber threats, remote work, disaster relief and more.
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for more tips on how to avoid coronavirus scams.
Identity Theft Resolution Services
That’s why we want to remind our home and auto policyholders of the free identity theft prevention and resolution services available through CyberScout®, our identity protection partner.
CyberScout allows you to be on the offensive, rather than just the defensive, when it comes to protecting your identity. If your personal information has been exposed, CyberScout is equipped to help. From working with a dedicated fraud support specialist to receiving a free full year of credit monitoring services after a breach, you’ll get the help you need to overcome cybercrime.
Personal Auto Premium Refund Program
Pause on Policy Cancellation for Nonpayment
Your health and safety are important to us, and we are all in this together. If you have questions about paying your premium during COVID-19, please contact us.
Extended Coverage and Accommodations
Commercial Premium Audit Accommodations
Additionally, we will continue to work with policyholders to extend accommodations as needed for premium audits that are due during the crisis. Audits may be completed virtually or by phone, with documentation uploaded through our website. We also may provide 30-day extensions and waive audit noncompliance assessment fees for workers’ compensation accounts.
We are here to provide information and support commercial premium audit accommodations during these challenging times. If your business needs premium audit accommodations, please contact our Premium Audit Team at [email protected] or (866) 460-1776 ext. 4013.
Coverage for Temporary Delivery Drivers
To protect drivers whose personal auto insurance would not normally extend to an accident that occurs while serving as a delivery driver, Patriot Insurance will extend coverage on a temporary basis to our personal auto policyholders. It will be extended at no cost for only as long as these orders remain in effect due to COVID-19.
To protect businesses from auto liability losses stemming from accidents involving these employees, commercial policyholders may request hired and non-owned auto (HNOA) liability coverage from Patriot Insurance if they don’t already have this coverage on a commercial auto policy. This coverage will be offered on a temporary basis at no additional cost to policyholders. Please contact your independent insurance agent to request HNOA liability coverage. The coverage will be effective upon the date of the request and will remain in effect until 14 days after the state’s executive order allows the business to resume normal operations.
Commercial Auto Layup Requests
Please contact your independent agent for more information or to adjust your current policy.
Business Exposure Accommodations
More ways to manage your account
- File a claim
- View your policy
- Sign up for paperless e-Delivery services
- Make a payment
- Get ID theft response services
- Access/Download our mobile app
- Contact us
Please note that while we have taken steps to handle increased call volumes, we ask for your patience as phone hold times may increase.
Just like you, we are working hard to follow the national guidelines for safe practices in our business and homes. We are taking appropriate steps to keep employees healthy and safe – especially asking nearly all employees to work from home and follow social distancing guidelines. For the remaining employees in the office, we are carefully cleaning and sanitizing the building, helping them maintain appropriate distance from one another and getting them back home as soon as possible each day. We have gathered additional resources that may be helpful during this time.
The White House and CDC COVID-19 Updates
U.S. SBA Resources for Small Businesses
For additional information, please view here.